* CERTIFIED AMERICAN OSTRICH * USDA Inspected *
“Sustainable agriculture is a way of raising food that is healthy for consumers and animals, does not harm the environment, is humane for workers, respects animals, provides a fair wage to the farmer, and supports and enhances rural communities.”
Modern agricultural practices in the U.S. maximize profit by raising large amounts of animals in crowded spaces. The animals are fed diets that fatten them quickly, but are not natural to their systems.
Roaming Acres livestock are fed a vegetarian diet that is ground & mixed on premises using all natural ingredients with no hormones or antibiotics. This insures a healthy and great tasting meat to offer you & your family.
All Natural Ostrich Farming...
Roaming Acres is a fully functioning family farm raising ostrich from start to finish, including the collection of eggs, incubating, hatching & raising free range ostrich.
Health Benefits of Ostrich Meat:
- Ostrich has less than half the fat of chicken and two-thirds less fat than beef and pork.
- Ostrich has less cholesterol than beef, chicken, pork, or lamb
- Ostrich has less calories than beef, chicken, pork, turkey or lamb
- Ostrich has more iron than beef, chicken, pork, turkey or lamb. Its greater iron content is seen in the deeper red color of ostrich meat.
- Ostrich meat is naturally rich in protein and contains no marbled fat.
- Ostrich meat does not attract harmful bacteria like E-coli or salmonella because of ostrich's ideal pH balance.
All Natural Berkshire Farming...
We are proud to now also raise certified 100% Berkshire pork. A specialty breed known for their succulent marbling and intense flavor.
All Natural Buffalo Meat...
Roaming Acres now offers locally raised Buffalo... All Natural, Free Range & Grass Fed!!!